Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship by GFOA
- Employed at least two years by one or more state or local governments.
- Recommendation by your employer.
- Currently a part-time student in a graduate program in public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, or
business administration that prepares students for careers in state and local government finance and expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2016 semester (including spring 2016 graduates).
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Recommendation by your academic advisor or dean of the graduate program.
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
Criteria for scholarship Award:
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study.
- Plans to pursue a career in state or local government finance.
- Past academic record and work experience.
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study as it relates to a career in the public sector.
- Letters of recommendation from your employer, your academic advisor or dean of the graduate program, and others.
- Undergraduate and graduate grade point averages.
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Application form.
- Statement describing your experience working for a state, local government, or other special-purpose government entity, your
proposed plan of study and how it will help your career in the public sector.
- Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
- Employer’s letter of recommendation.
- Academic advisor’s or dean’s letter of recommendation, other letters of recommendation (optional)
All of the above items are to be submitted in a single envelope, postmarked no later than February 19,2016 to:
Government Finance Officers Association, Scholarship Committee,
203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
For additional information, e-mail Robert Kotchen at the Government Finance Officers Association, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 312/977-9700.