Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship by GFOA
- Currently a full-time student in a graduate program that prepares students for careers in state and local government finance and
expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2016 semester (including spring 2016 graduates).
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Recommendation by your academic advisor or the dean of the graduate program.
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
Criteria for scholarship Award:
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study.
- Plans to pursue a career in state or local government finance.
- Past academic record and work experience.
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study, as it relates to a career in the public sector.
- Letters of recommendation from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program, and others.
- Undergraduate and graduate grade point averages.
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Application form.
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and plan of graduate study.
- Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
- Academic advisor’s or dean’s letter of recommendation.
- Graduate program faculty and other letters of recommendation (optional).
All of the above items are to be submitted by the applicant’s academic advisor or dean in a single envelope, postmarked no later than February 19, 2016, to:
Government Finance Officers Association, Scholarship Committee,
203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
For additional information, e-mail Robert Kotchen at the
Government Finance Officers Association, email@example.com, or call 312/977-9700.
Application on website.