Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship by GFOA
ELIGIBI ITY REQUIREMENTS:
Currently a full or part-time upper-division undergraduate or graduate student in public administration, governmental accounting,
finance, political science, economics or business administration and expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2016 semester (including spring 2016 graduates).
-Belong to one of the following groups (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau): Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latino.
-Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
-Recommendation from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program (graduate students) or department chair (undergraduate students).
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association
of the United States and Canada.
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD:
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study, if applicable.
- Past academic record and work experience.
- Strength of past coursework and present plan of study as it relates to a career in the public sector.
- Letters of recommendations from your academic advisor, the dean of the graduate program, or department chair and others.
-Undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) grade point averages.
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Statement of proposed state and local government finance career plan and, if applicable, plan of graduate study.
-Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
-Academic advisor’s, department chair’s, or dean’s letter of recommendation.
-Other letters of recommendation (optional).
All of the above items are to be submitted by the applicant’s academic advisor, dean (graduate students), or department chair
(undergraduate students) in a single envelope, postmarked no later than February 19,2016 to:
Government Finance Officers Association, Scholarship Committee,
203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
or additional information, e-mail
rt Ko t c h e n at the Government Finance Officers Association, rkotchen@ gfoa.org call 312/977-9700.