Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund
The Freedom Alliance Scholarship fund is for the children of military personnel who have been killed or permanently disabled in an combat mission or training accident.
The dependent son or daughter of a U.S. Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Guardsman or Marine who has:
– Been killed in action.
– Become 100% total & permanently disabled as a direct result of a combat mission, with priority given to those who have a single combat-related disability rated at 70% or more. This does not apply to Servicemembers who are Silver Star or Purple Heart Medal recipients
as they only need a combined 100% Total and Permanent disability rating. (Qualifying parent must have received an Honorable Discharge.)
– Suffered a major limb amputation due to enemy action
– Been classified as a Prisoner of War (POW) or Missing in Action (MIA).
– Been awarded the Medal of Honor, the Navy Cross, the Distinguished Service Cross, the Air Force Cross, or the Coast Guard Cross.
– Been involved in a training accident that resulted in the death of the service member or caused an immediate inability to continue serving (100% total and permanently disabled).
Currently in the spring semester of their senior year of high school, a high school graduate, or a currently enrolled full-time undergraduate student.
Under the age of 26 at the time of application.
Copy of your government issued photo identification (Drivers License, Military ID Card)
Proof of dependency: birth certificate, tax form which lists dependents, or military child ID card
Certificate of death (DD 1300) or rating letter from the Veterans Administration disability stating that the eligible Servicemember parent has been rated as 100% Totally and Permanently disabled
DD Form 214 if applicable – for disabled veterans’ dependent children
Applicant must upload a 500 Word Essay or Personal Statement: “What does your parent’s service mean to you?” or “The Importance of Military Service.”
Official high school or college transcripts.
Please submit a high resolution (at least 500KB) portrait-style JPEG photo of yourself which is appropriate for publication of scholarship award announcements. Make sure that it is taken in an appropriate setting and there are no other people, distractions, or watermarks visible.
High resolution photo of qualifying parent.
All documents, except the requested high-resolution photos, must be in PDF format.