JOHN C. AND ALEX S. SNIDER ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
Dr. John C. Snider was the Director of Continuing Education at Colorado State University from 1975 to 1986 and Vice
Chancellor of the Colorado State University System (Fort Lewis College, the University of Southern Colorado, and
Colorado State University) from 1986 to 1990. Upon leaving Colorado State, Dr. Snider established a fund for
scholarships to be awarded to qualified nontraditional students who have the desire to “return to learning.” The first
scholarship was awarded in November 1994.
One undergraduate scholarship award is available in the amount of $1428 annually. The award is for one year only.
All scholarship awards will be deducted from the recipients billing statement.
- Applicants must be nontraditional student returning to college.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of three academic credits with CSU Online during the 2022 academic year.
- Applicants must not have a bachelor’s degree.
To be considered for the John C. and Alex S. Snider Endowed Scholarship award, applicants must
completed an application and return it to CSU Online by March 1, 2022. The application must include:
- A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
- A one page (500 words) personal statement explaining how enrolling in CSU Online credit courses will assist you in returning to learning and contribute to your personal and professional fulfillment. Include your education goals and career aspirations.
- Admitted to an online or distance bachelor’s degree program at Colorado State University.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or
ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or pregnancy and will not discriminate applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed this