Boster is proud to provide an annual scholarship to students with an interest in pursuing or continuing a 4-year academic program related to Biology Technology. The Boster Bio Scholarships for Young Scientists Of Excellence will provide $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school or college students to aid their scientific research in college.
Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted into a research position in biology or medical-related lab on a full-time or substantial part-time basis (minimum 9 credit hours worth of research work for the next two semesters).
2. Must obtain and submit a letter of recommendation – either from a teacher/ tutor/ or lecturer who knows the student well or from an employer in a relevant healthcare services niche (must be signed and on letterhead to be accepted).
3. Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.40 on a 4.0 scale.
Certain additional materials are required for your application to be considered.
1. A response (at least 500 words) to this essay question: Explain your reason(s) for applying for a scholarship and why you feel you should receive one, and the type of career in the healthcare or biomedical related industry you plan to pursue and your future goals.
2. You may upload the following items when completing your online application:
3. A copy of your current college or high school transcript. If you are a graduating senior, your transcript must include grades for your senior year. Unofficial copies are acceptable; report cards are not.
4. You must also include a letter of acceptance from the healthcare or biomedical related post-secondary program you will attend.
5. Optionally you can submit an abstract of your research. Those with meritorious research subjects and are currently engaging in research will be considered first.