CSU Canvas Scholar's Award
The CSU Canvas Scholar’s Award is designed to support both college access and success for Coloradans who are the first in their family to attend college. For recipients who demonstrated success in high school and continue that success through their time at CSU, Canvas Credit Union will award $10,000 ($2,500/year for four years).
Each student must
• be a Colorado resident,
• be a first-generation student (neither parent nor student has received a bachelor’s degree),
• demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid (OFA),
• be a first-time freshman admitted to CSU, and
• have a high school GPA of at least 3.0.
Application Process, Award and Renewal
• Application: Students will apply via the Colorado State University Scholarship Application (CSUSA) available October 1 through March 1.
• Selection: OFA’s Scholarship Review Committee will select up to five applicants that meet the criteria and have the most compelling response to the CSUSA’s essay question.
• Award: $2,500/year for up to four years for a total scholarship worth $10,000.
• Award Renewal: Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and full-time status (at least 12 credits/semester), annually, to continue receiving the award.