Painter Service for Others Scholarship Fund
The Painter Service to Others Scholarship is meant to provide scholarships for undergraduate students who have financial need and who plan to become either a social worker with a special emphasis on assisting children and young adults, or a K-12 teacher.
Eligibility: Students who meet ALL of the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
• Will be a full-time junior or senior (minimum 12 credits/semester) at Metropolitan State University of Denver, University of Denver, or Colorado State University in the fall of 2017
• Intend to pursue a career as a K-12 teacher or a social worker focusing on assisting children and/or young adults
• Hold a 2.5 or higher cumulative G.P.A. or a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. in their major
• Demonstrate financial need through completion of the FAFSA with an EFC of $12,000 or below
• Have participated in significant volunteer/community service work in high school and in college
• Have a high level of social concern and demonstrated leadership skills
Selection: Recipients will be selected to receive a scholarship through a competitive process based on academic achievement, the quality of writing, and the applicant’s commitment, motivation, and potential for success in the field.
Award: Scholarship awards will be paid directly to a recipient’s college or university and can be applied toward tuition and fees only. Please note that award disbursement is contingent upon the outside scholarship acceptance policies of a recipient’s school. A student may apply to, and receive a scholarship from, this fund more than one time. Awards must be used for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Application deadline is March 17, 2017. Go to https://denverfoundation.academicworks.com/opportunities/309 to apply for this scholarship.