CESDA Diversity Scholarship
1. Applicant must be a spring 2017 Colorado high school graduating senior, and meet one of the following requirements: identify as a student of color, be first generation (neither parent/s received a bachelor’s degree) to attend college, and/or be a student with financial need.
2. Applicant must be a graduate of a Colorado High School. (Open to students without legal status- DACA and ASSET Eligible students).
4. Applicant must enroll at a 2 or 4 year Colorado college or university in the fall of 2017 and take a minimum of 6 credit hours.
5. Applicant must have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.80 on a scale of 4.00.
6. Applicant will be selected by, but not limited to, the following criteria: leadership and community service-particularly within underrepresented communities, past academic performance, personal and professional accomplishments, personal attributes, special talents, academic goals, and financial need.
Applicant must complete all parts of the application: Part I- Scholarship Application, Part II- Personal Resume, and Part III-Essay, Part IV-High School Transcript, and Part V- FASFA Estimated Family Contribution. See below for instructions.
Part I of the application must be typed through the online CESDA form. All questions must be answered; incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If a question does not apply, please respond with “Not Applicable” or “N/A”.
Part II and III must be typed.
Applicant must submit a current high school transcript. Applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit a copy of his/her Student Aid Report (SAR) along with the scholarship application. Undocumented students should still complete the FAFSA entering 001-01-0001 as their SSN. Should you have an extenuating circumstance with your FAFSA or questions about it, please reach out to Amy Molina, firstname.lastname@example.org
All materials must be received by January 1, 2017 (No postmark material will be reviewed)
Please Note: A verification statement of admission from the college or university will be required before the award will be granted for the fall 2017 semester.
Applications must be sent via postal mail or emailed to Amy Molina email@example.com by January 1, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.